Moving the Nutbin
In 1958, the Green Bank site was still acquiring land for building an observatory. Farms were purchased, and staff were working out of the old farmhouses that dotted the valley, including this one affectionately known as The Nutbin. Before the Works Area was completed in 1959, administration and labs were housed in the Nutbin. In 1969, the entire structure was lifted up and driven down Route 92 to become a residence for employees.