NRAO uses social media to enhance communication and engage with our stakeholders and with the public. However, by their nature, social networking sites are participatory and involve sharing among multiple users. As such, NRAO has established the following policies and terms of participation on the social media pages/feeds that it manages.
NRAO Comment Policy
NRAO is committed to ensuring civil discussions and expects participants to treat each other with respect. NRAO does not discriminate against any views, but we do monitor content and will remove, without prior warning, any of the following:
- Comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language;
- Personal attacks/insults of any kind;
- Unsupported accusations;
- Defamatory language that targets specific individuals or groups;
- Comments that reveal personally identifiable information;
- Comments that include information that is privileged, personal, proprietary or otherwise not for public disclosure;
- Spam and comments that are clearly “off topic;”
- Advertising, solicitations, and commercial endorsements;
- Comments that involve political campaigning or lobbying; and,
- Other comments that the NRAO deems inappropriate.
NRAO reserves the right to ban from its social media platforms users who repeatedly violate its comment policy. A delay in deleting a policy-violating posting should not be seen as an exception or an acceptance of any comment or opinion.
- NRAO does not guarantee that any information posted on its social media platforms is correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance upon such information. NRAO does not guarantee, and assumes no liability for, anything posted on our social media platforms by any person, employee or otherwise.
- Links to websites not maintained by NRAO are provided solely for the information and convenience of users.
- Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations presented on our social media platforms are only those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, its management company or its funding agency.